Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Looking for Good Hen House Plans?

I'm so, so glad to be writing this right now.

That's because, in this post, I'm going to save a lot of people some trouble by telling them about what I went through and by teaching them a little about hen house plans. It took some time before I found it out for myself, but I finally learned the big secret.

I know now that the very first thing I should have done was to choose the proper chicken coop kit. Once this was acquired, I was well on my way to getting the job done.

Tips for Hen House Plans


First of all, good hen house plans are a must have in order to take on the task of raising chickens, period. Even though I knew that getting started out on the right foot was going to help me deal with (or maybe even help to prevent) a number of problems later on down the road, I had no idea what it took to get there until I found the proper chicken coop plans pdf.

Detailed and well thought out chicken coop designs made it very easy on me and let me successfully deal with most all of my issues.

After finishing the project I worked on, the one thing I know now is that having the hen house plans in advance was a critical part of having all my needs met so that the hen house I built would be just as I envisioned and suitable for all the purposes that I had in mind.

I am the type of guy who looks forward to visiting the hardware store on Saturday. I like to work with my hands, and I had done a little craftsmanship work in the past.

That's part of the reason why I thought I already knew enough to handle the task. But a friend of mine who knew better told me that there are other things to take into consideration rather than just slapping a couple of boards together and calling it a day.

So, that is where it all started. From there I took a few hours, dug around the internet and did some research. When I realized just how important it really was to have hen house plans and how many were out there, I felt a bit confused and began to ask myself a lot of questions.

I forgot all about building the chicken house. Instead I was wondering what were the major considerations when taking a look at all the various hen house plans and selecting the one that was most appropriate for me. After some searching and learning, I discovered exactly what to look for.

Hen House Plans: 4 Considerations


Proper Size - I now know my preference depends mainly on the number of hens I have living inside the hen house. I made sure to get hen house plans that gave me a good idea of what size to create for a given number of hens. Failure to use proper size causes illness, injury, and fighting.

Useful Features - Having the right features my hen house plans helped me minimize the amount of time, energy and effort put into taking care of my birds once the structure was fully built.

Adding the right attributes to my finished work went a long way to make caring for the birds much easier. Failure to add useful features makes raising chickens more difficult and time consuming.

Adequate Protection - I already knew that one huge benefit of having a hen coop was to create a secure living space for my birds. This makes sure they are protected from various types of predators who would like to make a meal out of them before I do!

This all came from me using the right hen house plans. Failure to provide adequate protection leaves chickens vulnerable to attacks - being killed and eaten by other animals. Meaning all the hard work put into it would be totally lost.

Skillful Design - For me, and I think for most people, it is important that I really do like the look of something I plan to have sitting in my yard - visible for all to see.

This is why it was in my best interest to find hen house plans that had an eye pleasing design. Failure to consider skillful design may mean ending up with something ugly that I would be ashamed to say I built.

Conclusion...


Ok, so there it is. Anyone who can find a set of hen house plans that does a good job when addressing the above concerns has already done a better job than most people who take on the task. I can say this for sure because of the results I got.

I get a great sense of pride when my friends, family, and neighbors ask me where I got my coop. I tell them all about how I made it myself, and they seem pretty impressed when I start giving them good advice on how they can make their own.

Here's My Source of Advice


Alright, then I guess that's all I have to say about hen house plans. Strangely enough, now I have the urge to go out into my backyard and put a new paint job on my coop.

Goodbye, good luck, and see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment